As star striker Mahatma Otoo has signed for Norwegian club Sogndal Fotball, the most interesting players at the club are as follows:
* Ollenu Ashitey – versatile attacking midfielder/ winger / striker, known for his healthy work-rate, his energetic runs and his creativity. Despite showing a lot of promise, Ashitey was somewhat inconsistent and was mostly found on the bench during the last third of the season. Ashitey also featured for the Ghana U-20 national football team.
* Winful Cobbina – the youngster has been described as a “tall, athletic and skillful player with a cultured left-foot”. Cobbina, discovered in amateur football, was highly impressive towards the end of the season and I predict an excellent 2013-2014 campaign for the talented midfielder.
* Gilbert Fiamenyoh – the burly striker had a terrible start to the season, being injury-plagued and out of shape. However, the former frontman of Heart of Lions FC discovered his form towards the end of the season, scoring five goals during the last six matches. The up-coming season, Fiamenyoh could very well fill the boots of Mahatma Otoo.
* Robin Gnagne – the 19-year old centre-back from the Ivory Coast had a breakthrough season, forming a solid defensive partnership with Nuru Sulley. Gnagne, a product of the Red Bull Academy, is still a rough diamond, but he has a lot of the qualities required to become a top defender. Gnagne is quick, powerful in the air and is surprisingly skilful. The picture shows Robin Gnagne and was found on Ghanamma.com.
* Abubakar Moro – the holding midfielder is usually one of the first names on the team-sheet. A consistent performer, known for his ball-winning ability, hard tackles and tireless running.
|ABANKWA, Abdul Aziz||D||GHA||5+1||0|
|ABBEY, Thomas Arnold||AM||16.08.1993||GHA||19+1||1|
|BEMPAH, Joseph Owusu||D||GHA||15||0|
|BONSU, Godwin Osei||D||03.03.1989||GHA||9||2|
|GYIMAH, Prince Attakora||M / F||25.12.1990||GHA||4+1||1|
|MUSAH, Yakubu||M / F||GHA||3+1||0|
|NKRUMAH, Douglas||M / F||28.11.1986||GHA||0+1||0|
|OFORI, Isaac||M / F||GHA||2+3||0|
|TETTEH, Stephen||D / M||GHA||12||0|