* Abdulrahman Bashir of ABS FC, a petit, hard-running striker with a massive work-rate, has scored six league goals so far this season, forming a dangerous striking pair with Andrew Abalogu. Abalogu, who was signed from Abia Warriors FC before the season, has scored five goals in his debut season at top level of Nigerian football.
The picture is of Bashir and is taken from SuperSport.
* Goalkeeper Jonah Usman of ABS FC, also signed from the Kwara Football Academy, was recently named in the squad of the Nigeria U-17 national football team. Usman is most likely 16 years old but has nevertheless made his top level debut during the Nigeria Premier League 2012.
* Akwa United FC has signed striker Meshack Chukwubuikem. Chukwubuikem played for Shooting Stars FC during the Nigeria Premier League 2009-2010. In October 2010, Chukwubuikem was a trialist at Danish outfit Esbjerg fB. He played for Egyptian side Smouha during the season 2010-2011.
* Sarafa Usman, a midfielder, has been in great form for Akwa United FC this season. Usman is a former player of Sunshine Stars FC and Kwara United FC.
* Earlier this month, I wrote about Hamza Ikenna Onwuemenyi of Akwa United FC who was recently named in the squad of the Nigeria B national football team. I wrote that Onwuemenyi is a right-back, born 04.04.1988. I have recently discovered that Onwuemenyi is a former player of Gabros International FC and on their former homepage, Onwuemenyi was described as a defensive midfielder, born 30.03.1990, with “marking and passing ability” as his major strengths.
*Ghanaian striker James Amankwei (born 09.11.1987) and Ivorian striker Boris Konan failed to break through at Heartland FC and Rangers International FC, respectively. Both strikers have recently joined Dolphins FC. Dolphins FC could need a free-scoring striker as their current top scorer is Ghanaian Owusu Addai (born 04.02.1985) with only four goals.
* Enyimba FC has signed versatile attacker Ifeanyi Okoye (born 06.01.1990) from Warri Wolves FC.
* Gombe United FC has signed goalkeeper Timothy Unachukwu who played for Niger Tornadoes FC last season. Unachukwu will fight with veteran goalkeeper Ahmed Yusuf for the number one shirt. Other new signings include defender Ola Ogundele from second level side Zamfara United FC, central defender Maurice Chigozie from Jigawa Golden Stars FC and the versatile Tunde Aremu from Wikki Tourists FC.
* Midfielder Abubakar Nazim of Gombe United FC scored his first ever league goal on 09.05.2012. Nazim played for Bukola Babes FC last season.
* Emmanuel Mathias (born 03.04.1986) is a right-back with several full international matches for Togo. Mathias joined Heartland FC earlier this season but has yet to establish himself in the first team. Mathias has played professionally for Hapoel Petach Tikva (Israel), El-Gawafel de Gafsa (Tunisia) and Espérance Sportive de Tunis (Tunisia).
* I believe Heartland FC has signed Emeka Ogbu (born 22.02.1990) from Campos FC, an amateur football club based in Owerri. Ogbu is a powerful centre forward, apparently 186 centimeters tall.
* Playmaker Rabiu Ali and centre forward Mohammed Gambo (born 10.03.1988) have both eight league goals to their name at the time of writing. The brilliant Ali is a good tip for the “NPL Player of the season-award”.
* Ocean Boys FC is experiencing a mass exodus of players. Top striker Emmanuel Enize and promising winger Chiamaka Madu have both joined Sharks FC and will be sorely missed. Central defender Dengo Ebinipere (born 10.06.1990) has apparently joined Dolphins FC.
* Struggling Rising Stars FC has signed a few experienced players lately, including Ado Mohammed, the former striker of Shooting Stars FC.
* Shooting Stars FC has signed a couple of players to improve their poor season, including Christian Kelechi from Rising Stars FC and attacker Gabriel Adikwu from Lobi Stars FC.
* Francis Nnedum (born 23.06.1988) has been a revelation at defensive midfield for Warri Wolves FC this season. Nnedum is a former player of Gabros International FC.
* Alaba Johnson (five league goals) and Abubakar Umar (four league goals) have been sensational for Wikki Tourists FC this season. I have just learned that both Johnson and Umar were signed from Jarma FC, an amateur side from Kano in Northern Nigeria.
* Sunday John Bosco Okoh (born 22.11.1985) is the new goalkeeper at Wikki Tourists FC. Okoh is a former player of Enyimba FC.