* When you look at the squad of ASC La Linguère, it is difficult to understand why the team is doing so badly. Khadim Ndiaye (born 05.04.1985) is arguably the best goalkeeper in the league and features regularly for the Senegal national football team. Defenders Habib Diop (born 02.08.1989) and Mamadou Seck (born 15.05.1990) have played for both the Senegal B national football team and the Senegal U-23 national football team during the last couple of years. Mansour Ba (born 03.05.1983) and Samba Gueye (born 04.01.1985), also defenders, have a lot of experience. Up front, Moussa Dembélé (born 28.11.1986) is a respected playmaker while Mohamed Remy Gomis (born 24.11.1990), Mourchid Iyane Ly (born 28.12.1986) and Sérigne Cheikh Diouck (born 03.12.1990) are top shelf strikers at this level. My theory is that the club needs a couple of new midfielders, especially a midfield general with plenty of experience. The squad seems a bit unbalanced, with several experienced defenders and strikers, and few experienced midfielders.
List of scorers (7 goals):
Moussa Dembélé 2, Mohamed Remy Gomis 2, Souleymane Badji 1, Mame Ibrahima Ndiaye 1, Pape Idrissa Sall 1
According to some sources, Ndiaye scored both goals against US Gorée on 06.03.2012. If this is correct, Ndiaye has scored two goals and Sall none.
ASC NIARY TALLY
* Goalkeeper Bity Sy (born 06.08.1987) finally made his debut for Niary Tally on 07.04.2012. Personally, I think Sy and first-choice Cheikh Thioub is the best goalkeeping pair in the league. Earlier this month, Thioub was named in the squad of the Senegal U-23 national football team.
* Ass Mandaw Sy (born 10.02.1989), perhaps the best central defender in the Ligue 1, is surprisingly still at the club, despite being linked to several European clubs. Sy is currently the team captain of ASC Niary Tally.
* Left-back Djiby Diaw Tireira (born 16.10.1988) is a very consistent performer who deserves attention after several good seasons at the club.
* Newly signed striker Abdoulaye Ndao is an interesting player. Ndao was a key player when Yeggo Foot Pro won promotion to the Ligue 1 last season. Ironically, Ndao scored his first goal for Niary Tally against Yeggo on 07.04.2012.
List of scorers (8 goals):
Aziz Ba 2, Mohamed Niang Fadel Diop 2, Abdoulaye Ba 1, Toumani Diedhiou 1, Abdoulaye Ndao 1, Own Goals 1
* Matar Moussa Diagne (born 1992) has been a revelation at USO this season. Diagne can play both in midfield and as an attacker and has been described as a skillful playmaker by Senegalese newspapers. Earlier this month, Diagne and promising left-back Pape Modou Ndiaye were named in the squad of the Senegal U-23 national football team.
* Ibrahima Sory Soumah, the Guinean midfielder signed from ASC Dahra, is now an established player in the starting eleven. The picture, taken from http://www.us-ouakam.com, is of Guinean left-winger Karifa Kourouma, one of the most skilful players in the league.
* Expectations were high when US Ouakam signed striker Moustapha Mendy (born 06.05.1986) from Guédiawaye FC before the season. So far, Mendy has been a fringe player at the club, mostly featuring as a substitute.
* Attacker Mohamed Souleymane Diop was impressive for ASC Yakaar during the second part of the Ligue 1 2010-2011. Diop, veteran Sadio Diao and Diagne currently seems to be the preferred strikers at the club.
* El Hadji Baye Oumar Niasse (born 18.04.1990), the star player of the team, is currently on loan at Norwegian top level side SK Brann. Niasse has so far made one substitute appearance in three league matches and to be honest, he seems to be miles away from the starting eleven.
List of scorers (12 goals):
El Hadji Baye Oumar Niasse 4, Matar Moussa Diagne 3, Ngagne Diallo 1, Sadio Diao 1, Mohamed Souleymane Diop 1, Paul Senghor 1, Ibrahima Sory Soumah 1
According to some sources, Diagne scored both goals against Guédiawaye FC on 28.03.2012. If this is correct, Diagne has scored four goals and Diop none.
* Earlier this month, central defender Mame Balla Diop, right-back Souleymane Cissé (born 30.07.1991) and attacking midfielder Cheikh Sy were named in the squad of the Senegal U-23 national football team. Diop started the international friendly match between Mexico U-23 and Senegal U-23 on 17.03.2012. The petit playmaker Sy has been a revelation since joining Pikine from Syrian outfit Al-Wahda.
* Playmaker Issa Sarr (born 09.10.1986) is actually one of few players in the Senegalese league with his own fan-page at Facebook:
List of scorers (11 goals):
El Hadji Adama Mbaye 4, Cheikh Tidiane Diagne 2, Cheikh Sy 2, Pape Abdou Cissé 1, Abdoulaye Dieng 1, Demba Gadio 1
* I was surprised to learn that CSS has signed Jean Stéphane Yao Yao (born 06.10.1990). Yao Yao, a petit central midfielder from the Ivory Coast, is a former player of FK Lyn (Norway) and UMF Selfoss (Iceland).
* I believe the striking pair of Mamadou Fall and Ousmane Hanne (born 14.06.1989) has the potential to score regularly during the rest of the season.
List of scorers (7 goals):
Mamadou Fall 3, Alpha Oumar Diallo 1, Ousmane Hanne 1, Own Goals 1
Please note that the scorer of CSS on 07.04.2012 against ASC Yakaar is currently unknown.
TOURÉ KUNDA DE MBOUR
* Pape Moussa Konaté and Dame Diop have both left Touré Kunda and there are not many stars left at the club. Earlier this month, captain Abdoulaye Seck was named in the squad of the Senegal U-23 national football team. Seck should not be confused with the former central defender of ASC Niary Tally, currently playing for FC Brussels (Belgium) on loan from RSC Anderlecht (Belgium).
* Touré Kunda has three important players signed from the Diambars academy, namely defender Souleymane Diallo, midfielder Thierno Moukhtar Thioune (born 10.10.1989) and striker Ibrahima Sarr (born 10.02.1989). Sarr was training with Norwegian side Tromsø IL in 2010 and was described as a very fast player.
List of scorers (3 goals):
Oumar Touré Lo 1, Abdoulaye Seck 1, Thierno Moukhtar Thioune 1
* Veteran striker Pape Abdou Diakhaté will be an important player for struggling ASC Yakaar this season. The current season is at least his eighth season in a row at ASC Yakaar.
List of scorers (3 goals):
Lamine Camara 1, Pape Abdou Diakhaté 1, Pape Moussa Youm 1
YEGGO FOOT PRO
* Mouhamed Foula Dabo was a key player for Yeggo when they won promotion to the Ligue 1 last season. Dabo decided to leave Yeggo before the new season, most likely on a loan deal, and started the season at Touré Kounda. The stay was not a success and Dabo returned to Yeggo in March. The attacking midfielder is apparently in top form and has scored two goals during the two last matches.
* Alioune Fall is a key player at Yeggo. Last season, the midfielder was named in the“Equipe type Ligue 2” (Team of the Season).
* As far as I know, Mouhamed Sene was top scorer for Yeggo when they won promotion, scoring at least 8 goals. So far, Sene has failed to score at top level.
List of scorers (5 goals):
Mouhamed Foula Dabo 2, Souaibou Badji 1, Own Goals 1
Please note that the scorer of Yeggo on 18.01.2012 against AS Pikine is currently unknown.