* It’s not easy to find information about Akwa United FC but I am starting to get a better picture of their squad. “The Promise Keepers” has signed Musa Najare (born 16.01.1992), primarily comfortable as left-back or left-winger, from Rangers International FC. Roman Oriah was one of the players that led Akwa United FC to promotion and the lanky striker is still part of the team.
* One of the things that fascinate me about Nigerian football is that a player can come from absolutely nowhere and immediately become a household name. Dolphins FC, who won the championship last year, recently signed Ghanaian Abuu Seidu (born 03.07.1986) from amateur side Sunyani Suncity FC. Seidu is a defensive midfielder who was registered for Heart of Lions FC during the GLO Premier League 2008-2009. Seidu has never broken through at any Ghanaian side but scored on his debut for Dolphins FC and has gotten some rave reviews.
* It’s no secret that Gbolahan Salami (born 15.04.1991) has been involved in controversy the last couple of years and the talented striker was in desperate need for a fresh start. Salami chose his new club wisely, signing for the sleeping giants Enyimba FC. He scored two goals in his debut against Gombe United FC and yet again showed how extremely strong he is. His two goals can be viewed in the following clip:
* It can now be confirmed that Ayo Saka (born 22.12.1990) has joined Enyimba FC from Ocean Boys FC. Saka is a powerful, elegant attacking midfielder, widely considered as one of the best in the league.
* I’m getting the feeling that Uche Agbo (born in 1991), the new central midfielder from JUTH FC, could have a bright future at Enyimba FC and eventually, bigger clubs. I have seen some clips of Agbo and I like his ability to bring the ball forward.
* The last couple of matches, Enyimba FC has used a youngster called “Nonso Okonkwo” or “Chinonso Okonkwo”. According to fresh reports, Okonwko is an exciting player and I am currently trying to find more information about the player.
* Josiah Maduabuchi (born 16.05.1989), the attacking midfielder or right-winger, has scored five league goals in seven matches for Enyimba FC.
* According to unconfirmed sources, Mustapha Babadidi of Gombe United FC, the joint top scorer in the Nigeria Premier League with six goals, was recently named in the squad of the Nigeria U-17 national football team.
* Heartland FC has made a great signing in attacking midfielder Christopher Chigozie (born 04.02.1992). Chigozie was brilliant for Ocean Boys FC last season and joined Dolphins FC during the mid-season transfer window. His stay in Port Harcourt was not a success, mostly because of injury.
* Heartland FC has also signed Ghanaian striker James Amankwei (born 09.11.1987) from JUTH FC.
* Striker Segun Alebiosu has been a sensation at Kwara United FC, scoring three league goals so far in February 2012. According to unconfirmed sources, Alebiosu was recently named in the squad of the Nigeria U-17 national football team.
* I am happy to see that the career of Usman Amodu (born 16.12.1990) seems to be on the right track. The left-back / central defender was one of the stars of the Nigeria U-17 national football team who won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2007 and he is currently starring in the defence of Kwara United FC. Here is a video showing some of his quality:
* It’s getting more and more common that former professional players return to the Nigerian league. Henry Akile (born 22.12.1987) of Lobi Stars FC is such an example. Akile, a former star player of Wikki Tourists FC, is perhaps most famous for his stay in Al-Gouna of Egypt.
* Lobi Stars FC has also signed enterprising winger Nelson Friday Nimyel (born 30.11.1993) from Kaduna United FC.
* Ocean Boys FC has signed an interesting attacking midfielder / striker called Onoriode Odah (born 14.04.1992) apparently from an amateur side called Fame FC. Odah was actually a trialist at Norwegian side Tromsø IL in February 2010. Odah was training with the Nigeria U-23 national football team during 2011.
The picture is of Odah and is taken from Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten.
* Rangers International FC has signed a lot of inexperienced youngsters during the last year, including attacking midfielder Ebuka Onovo (born 10.03.1992).
* Surprisingly, Ajani Ibrahim (born 05.03.1987) of Sunshine Stars FC, last season’s top scorer, has yet to score a goal after seven matches. On 15.02.2012, youngster Harrison Egbune scored his first goal for Sunshine Stars FC since joining from Crown FC, apparently a beautiful free-kick.
* Sunshine Stars FC has signed talented left-back Onoriede Imeke from Ocean Boys FC.
* Attacking midfielder Sunday Mba (born 28.11.1988) of Warri Wolves FC scored both goals when the Nigeria B national football team won 2-0 against Liberia earlier this week.