* Casa Sport has yet to score a goal in the league, somewhat surprisingly based on their group of attackers, including star striker Emile Paul Tendeng (born 09.03.1992), Aliou Coly, Alouise Thiaw and new signing Pape Sané from ASC Diaraf. Midfielder Stéphane Diarra Badji (born 16.01.1990), the captain of the team, has most likely played his last match for the team after joining Norwegian outfit Sogndal IL. He will be sorely missed. The new goalkeeper of Casa Sport, Pape Souleymane Sané (born 11.11.1978), signed from Guédiawaye FC, seems rock solid and his experience could be vital for a youthful team.
* ASC Dahra has an inexperienced squad this season with very few well-known names. Captain Moussa Gueye, a dependable central defender, is a key player. The only scorer so far this season is midfielder Samba Alassane Samb. I believe their new attacker Amath Fall is the same Amath Fall (born 30.11.1988) that played for ASC HLM during 2010-2011. Fall and Arona Ka, arguably the leading strikers of the team, will have to start scoring soon.
* DUC has kept most of their regular players from last season. Their defence will be centered around Mansour Badji, Youssoupha Koné and Souleymane Sadio. Cheikhal Ababacar Cissé, Jean Remy Bocande and Famara Mané should pull the strings in midfield, while Abdoulaye Touré is the star striker. The two scorers so far have been Cissé and Alioune Fall. I believe that Alioune Fall is the same Alioune Fall (born 04.04.1989) that played for ASC HLM during 2010-2011.
* The Diambars Academy has made a brilliant start to the new season, winning two out of three matches. Scorers so far are Emmanuel Gomis (born 21.05.1990) with two goals, while Ousseynou Boye, Souleymane Cissé (born 02.08.1990) and Aristide Simon Diedhiou have each scored one goal. These four players are masterminding most of the attacking play of Diambars. Midfielder Pape Alioune Ndiaye signed for Norwegian second level side FK Bodø/Glimt earlier this month. Regular players such as goalkeeper Ousmane Mané (born 01.10.1990) and defenders El Hadji Sady Gueye and Khassim Soumaré have a lot of experience from the Senegal B and Senegal U-20 national football team. The picture is of Soumaré and is taken from lasenegalaise.com.
* ASC Diaraf has almost an entirely new team. New players include Vito Badiane (born 02.06.1986) from AS Douanes, Karamba Diallo (born 01.02.1986) from AS Douanes, El Hadji Pape Seye Diallo (born 27.01.1986) from Guédiawaye FC, Jean Francois Diokh from US Ouakam, Ibou Séné Diouf (born 10.07.1988) from ASC Niary Tally, Abdou Latif Guenoune from AS Douanes, Mohamed Salzman from CSS Richard-Toll and Alpha Oumar Sow (born 12.02.1984) from US Sénart-Moissy, France. From my point of view, the tough central defender Diokh is a brilliant signing. Lanky striker Guenoune has already two goals to his name, while the other goals so far this season has been scored by midfielder Djibril Sidibé and left-back Babacar Seck.
* AS Douanes will be relying heavily on four Ndiaye’s this season: talented goalkeeper Issa Ndiaye (born 19.04.1991), central defender Sidy Ndiaye (born 07.07.1987), midfield maestro Moussa Ndiaye (born 20.02.1979) and attacker Abdoulaye Ndiaye (born 01.12.1989), signed from ASC Diaraf. Moussa Ndiaye, who has World Cup experience and Baye Demba Mbengue are the two only scorers so far this season.
* US Gorée has several very interesting players in their team, including defensive midfielder Ibrahima Yigo Ba (born 14.10.1991), midfield general Maurice Ngom and striker Alassane Diallo, all players who should be able to get contracts abroad. Central defender Abdou Chafi Sow, who played for ASC Diaraf last season, is the leader of the defence. Winger Yally Fall Guène (born 10.05.1985), arguably the most creative player at the club and striker Malick Thiaw has scored once this season, while the up-and-coming Diallo has scored twice.
* Attacker Mouhamadou Dieng (born 01.01.1985) has been the player to watch at Guédiawaye FC so far this season, scoring their only two goals. Ibrahima Birame Coundoul (born 15.08.1988) is still captain and key player.
* Moussa Démbéle (born 28.11.1986), the experienced playmaker of ASC La Linguère has been rather quiet the last couple of seasons. However, after two goals in three matches, he looks to be back in form. Démbéle, fondly known as “Thiombé”, has been an important member of the Senegal B national football team since 2008. Lanky striker Mohamed Remy Gomis (born 24.11.1990) has already scored a goal, but his Burkinabe partner Ibrahim Dermé needs to find his scoring boots. Dermé was apparently 24 years old in October 2011 and I know that he is being monitored by officials from the Burkina Faso national football team. Returnee Mourchid Iyane Ly (born 28.12.1986) is the last player in an impressive attacking trio, together with Gomis and Dermé. Goalkeeper Khadim Ndiaye (born 05.04.1985) will participate in the Africa Cup of Nations later this month.
* I think ASC Niary Tally looks strong this season. Key-players are goalkeeper Cheikh Thioub, defenders Alioune Cissé (born 15.05.1990), Djiby Diaw Tireira (born 16.10.1988) and Ass Mandaw Sy (born 10.02.1989), midfielder Moustapha Kassé (born 21.02.1988) and striker Mohamed Niang Fadel Diop (born 27.11.1987). All mentioned players were also important players last season. Tall defender Sy is apparently on the radar of AS Monaco, the struggling French second level club. Watch out for youngster Aziz Ba (born 25.12.1992), who has formed a strong partnership with Diop, both players having scored once this season.
* US Ouakam, the champions from last season, has the hottest players in the league in their squad, the tricky attacker El Hadji Baye Oumar Niasse (born 18.04.1990). Niasse has already four league goals to his name. Goalkeeper Pape Latyr Ndiaye (born 30.11.1977) will participate in the Africa Cup of Nations later this month.
* AS Pikine has been somewhat disappointing despite their ambitious approach, signing several quality players such as striker Mouhamadou Moustapha Ndiaye (born 05.04.1988) from ASC Niary Tally, central defender Mor Soumaré and midfield general Issa Sarr (born 09.10.1986) from ASC Diaraf and the petit playmaker Cheikh Sy from Al-Wahda(Syria). Sy and new signing Abdoulaye Dieng (born 08.12.1989) from Guédiawaye FC has been the only scorers so far this season.
* Striker Mamadou Fall is the only scorer so far this season for CSS Richard-Toll but an own-goal from ASC Yakaar means that CSS has two wins in three matches.
* Touré Kunda has yet to score a goal in the league. Lamine Fanné seems like a likely player to break this curse. Ousseynou Ndiaye, their new goalkeeper from DUC, has made the number one shirt his own and Pape Amadou Touré (born 24.12.1991) from ASC Diaraf looks promising on the left side of the defence.
* ASC Yakaar has a very inexperienced team and should struggle hard to avoid relegation. Pape Moussa Youm has scored the only goal so far this season. Captain Mady Khouma leads the defence with style but the attack looks very weak.
* Yeggo Foot Pro has signed Souaibou Badji from Casa Sport and the teenage striker has scored the only goal of the club so far this season. Agile goalkeeper Moussa Sarr could face a difficult season.